April is Bowel Cancer Awareness Month so, with this in mind, once again we would like to invite you and your friends to join us for our Walk to Remember. This year our sponsored walk will take place in Peel on Sunday, 14 May 2017. The walk will commence from the Peel Sailing Club which is located at the harbour end of the promenade. Registration will take place from 2pm with the walk beginning shortly after.
The route is approx 2 miles taking in the picturesque harbour and promenade area. This should be an easily manageable distance and suitable for those with young children, prams etc. Everyone is welcome, including well behaved dogs on leads. Wear purple or a fancy dress outfit – there will be a prize for the best child and adult. This will be a fun event for all the family, a time to share memories of special friends, raise awareness and help us break the poo taboo.
Light refreshments will be served in the clubhouse following completion of the walk. There will also be a raffle (donations of items for this will be much appreciated).
The entry fee is £10 for adults. Children (16 and under) take part free of charge.
- Please register in advance using Paypal (the Donate button below) quoting reference WTR 2017
- Then download a Sponsored walk form 2017 to start collecting sponsorship monies as soon as possible.
If you cannot take part:
- Support a participant - You can donate securely online via Paypal to help a participant meet his/her fund raising goal
- Make a general donation - use our Paypal link via the Donate button quoting reference WTR 2017
- Be a “Virtual Walker” and fund raise as an individual. Walk anywhere and post your pictures to our Facebook page. We can supply sponsorship forms, t-shirts etc to help with your event.
If you have any queries about the event or wish to volunteer to help out on the day please email firstname.lastname@example.org
With your help Bowel Cancer IOM can continue raising awareness and providing support to those affected by bowel cancer in the Island.